Samstag, 12. September 2009

September

Coffee: today 2
Icecream: today 1
Cookies: today... two still waiting for me
Book: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
The Performance of the Self
_______________________________________
Music of the week:
Soundtrack of My Best Friends Wedding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah-tui1ubnU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1EaWA6E0Q4&feature=PlayList&p=BEEE492654FF7A6B&index=7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYBdjmNs1FE


Ok folks...its unbelievable but its almost mid September...which means basically that one third of my stay in Normal is already over. However, I think the little man and I owe our readership an update of the happenings so far.


After our Chicago trip last weekend the week past by rather without excitement, except for the fact that I hurt my foot/ankle/knee/tendon somehow last week (limped through Chicago) and have difficulties walking. Unfortunately not even an appointment with the University nurse helped as she told me the following:

"Oh you might have x, you might have y...but in order to know it for sure we have to do an x-ray...but this is too expensive..so I guess we just wait four more weeks"

...well folks...honestly... in this moment America was removed from my list of countries I would like to live permanently. Health care sucks over here and so I am trying to heal my foot on my own. We will see how its going to work out.

Next to that I am doing fine, keeping my head above the ground. For the rest of today I need to read, read, write my first paper and read. Tomorrow will be the same except for the fact that I have to be in church by 5.30ish...

So folks...hope you are doing well wherever you are...keep your fingers crossed for my foot!
Take care

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen