Donnerstag, 13. August 2009

Movin in...



Well...time is running fast over here as orientation fills us up with information, information and information. Its all spinning around in my head and actually I don't know where to start...

However, on Wednesday I moved into Manchester all, into the 9th floor. It took some time to get everything organized, but tonight will be my second night in my new home and right now, I am lovin it...Unfortunately, my room-mate cancelled her stay so I was supposed to stay alone and pay more, but Ludmilla, who was put into a suite (!) and was also supposed to pay more, has switched rooms and now Paderborn rules room 922 of Manchester Hall (pics will follow as soon as everything is done...in particular cleaning up).

We are actually a fun floor up here with a lot of fun people from many countries (mainly Asians and a couple Europeans). Today was the second day of orientation, and actually I just came back from a Potluck Dinner event for all the app. 150 international students. We all entered a draw..and two lucky winners are now the proud owners of a bike...which for sure will not fit into their bags when leaving...I guess.

I got my TB examination, and luckily as I am from a - you won't believe it - "low risk" country I did not have to do anything and actually am saving money...isn't that great? However, my first by payment is do sometime next week, but nothing is really calculated correctly as far as I know...therefore I'll need to cross the entire campus to find the Student Account's building in order to get that fixed...

Well..guys I am pretty tired and have been talking all day, assisting people to get their ID cards and medical appointments (even though I am new, too -- but its my German sense of organization I guess)..and am sure ready to go to bed now as I have a pretty full schedule for tomorrow.

I hope everything is fine wherever you are!
Take care...

1 Kommentar:

  1. Wenn ich es doch nur lesen könnte!
    I speak only a little bit english...sorry!

    AntwortenLöschen