Montag, 24. August 2009

Weekend: Invitations vs. "I need to do stuff"



Saturday:
After an intense study period of medievel transvestites and AEthelbehrt's marriage laws, I was invited to one of the German professors house for an early dinner. He and his wife have lived a couple of years in Germany (Hamburg, Berlin, Marburg). They have been wonderful hosts for the day and encouraged me to spend lots of time travelling the country (yeah..I'd love to if I had a money tree in my back yard). Andrew's wife is actually from Austria and they have been living in Normal since almost twenty years now.

After dinner I was supposed to meet up with the German Rotary Exchange student, but unfortunately I waited for nothing as he didn't show up at all (you know me...the Litte Man is not amused if meetings are cancelled without knowledge)

The rest of the evening we watched 10 Things I hate about you...and Hans (actually Han-Lim Yee) tried to tell us a Malaysian ghost story with a flash light in his face which turned out to be the most funny ghost story I have ever heard. I haven't laughed that much in the last year as I have done in the first weeks here. Well, the more Hans tried to calm us down "its serious man, its serious", the more we laughed and giggled...he does not want to tell ghost stories any more he told me.


Sunday
Sunday started again with an intense study period: this time with the Polemics and Poems of Rachel Speght until at noon Ludmila and I were picked up for lunch at the Goeckner's place - a really nice and heartful Rotarian couple. It is soo wonderful to have someone cook for you.
Ludmila was even able to rent one of their bikes for the time she is here, while I can come and walk the dog and play with the cats as much as I want.

Back at our little luxury appartment, I helped Felix (HongKong) to get his German study book copied, which unfortunately took quite awhile, so that I was almost late for church...

Church...wait...Yes the Little Man and I have been to church last night together with a couple of other friends and yeah we enjoyed ourselves and might go back next sunday. Afterwards I helped Felix and Ruby with their German homework which left me with a sore throat from repeting German ch and r sound over and over again...

Ok friends of the Little Man...this was it for now...I should probably write a small entry each day instead of two big ones every week...but we'll see as its going to be a busy week again and again and again...

Love, Take Care

2 Kommentare:

  1. Liebes Sarah,
    bin ich doch zufrieden, dass es dir dort drüben so gut geht... ich freue mich auf neue Nachrichten!!!
    die Sylvia

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. hey dear,
    was going through your notes and got the feeling that this semester abroad seems pretty much like another exchange (those hospitable families ans stuff).
    really happy for you! please try to book another study session somewhere in russia:-)
    love u,
    Sveta

    AntwortenLöschen