Freitag, 28. August 2009

Time flies...

Here comes the weekly update:

Coffee: more than ten
Cookies: also more than ten
Kilometres I walked: at least ten


Favourite Songs of the Week:
(check them out on www.youtube.de - its worth it)

Songs my Mother taught me - Antonin Dvorak
Waltz for Violin - Johannes Brahms
Ständchen (Schwanengesang) - Franz Schubert
The Swan (Le Cygne) - Saint-Saens
Ave Maria for Violin - Franz Schubert
Poet and Paesant (Ouverture) - Franz von Suppé
Open the eyes to my heart lord - Oslo Gospel Choir
The Tribute (to God be the Glory) - Sissel and Oslo Gospel Choir
Your Love (Psalm 139) - Oslo Gospel Choir


What happened to the Little Man this week?


Monday to Friday:

Actually the week passed without much excitement. The only thing which disturbed my heavenly attitude right now is a cold I unfortunately was too eager to catch. I certainly blame it on the air conditioning in every building which is set on "freeze students". Well today I at least feel a bit better than the days before, however it will hopefully soon be over (I remain calm, however, as the entire floor is somehow infected by now - either by a cold or an allergic reaction to some unknown substance floating around Manchester 9 - "Welcome to your new hospital")

Wednesday was supposed to be the German Movie Night... the highlight of German week, which unfortunately got also cancelled due to copyright issues.

Well right now its 11 pm on Friday night...everyone except Ludmila, I and Hans has gone to a party (while I am reading the letter of Alexander to Aristotle..or at least should be reading it) and try to get rid of at least three different types of guy's cologne or after shave stuck to my clothes and our room). Today was also the first German Stammtisch and time for my first beer in the US - Warsteiner and Coke (paid by my professor)


Generally speaking...the little man has a cold but he is doing well...

1 Kommentar:

  1. Liebe Sarah,
    ich hoffe, deine Erkältung vergeht bald und du kannst dich wieder voll auf deine zu lesenden Texte stürzen!
    Right now, I am preparing my last exam - a timeconsuming job, but I hope to get a good mark. :-)

    Drück dich,
    Sylvia

    AntwortenLöschen